PLMR provides the full spectrum of public affairs consultancy services tailored for businesses in the transport sector – including aviation, rail, freight and road haulage.
With a wide range of politically literate and well-connected consultants at your disposal, you can rely on us to keep our fingers on the pulse and provide you with concise and digestible debriefs of changes in the political and regulatory landscape which may impact your organisation as they happen. We regularly help our clients engage with DfT and central Government at the highest levels, as well as devolved, regional, and local government.
Our team offers a range of transport-specific public affairs specialisms, including:
- Strategic advice on aligning your objectives with key Government policy – including for example the Aviation Strategy and Rail Review
- High-level advice on reputation management in the face of widespread criticism of transport performance
- Identifying and recommending key stakeholders for engagement
- Supporting with stakeholder visits, from local councillors to Ministers and MPs
- Providing high-level tailored monitoring, intelligence, and advice on local and national issues which impact your sector of the transport industry
We have provided public affairs consultancy to key businesses in the transport sector, including DHL; London City Airport, for whom we ran the successful campaign for expansion; and the A Fair Tax on Flying campaign, which PLMR ran to successfully abolish Air Passenger Duty for children under 16.