Inspired by Marcus Rashford’s incredible work, PLMR approached the Food Foundation (a key member of Rashford’s Child Food Poverty Task Force) with an idea to help make it as easy as possible for families to find organisations near them that were offering help.
In less than 24 hours, the PLMR digital team launched KidsMealsMap.co.uk, an online map platform designed to show all of the businesses, community organisations and councils who had already announced that they will be providing free meals to vulnerable children over the October half term.
The map was an overnight success – in its first 24 hour the map received over 20,000 visits and was shared on social media by MPs, local councils, celebrities, and the Mayor of London. The map was covered on BBC News, ITV News and received a double page spread in the Guardian highlighting the data the map had amassed.
Over the course of half term, the map achieved
- 50,000+ unique visits since launch
- Over half a million social media users reached
- Over 1,100 businesses listed on the map
- Visits from users in over 687 cities, towns and villages from all across the UK
- Visits from users in over 104 different countries