PLMR Healthcomms is the award-winning Health and Social Care Public Affairs team at PLMR, based in the heart of Westminster. We are part of the PLMR Group, a 100-strong team of consultants based in the heart of Westminster. We specialise in delivering impactful Parliamentary and patient-led campaigns on the key issues facing the NHS and social care.
Since we were founded in 2010, we have worked in partnership with our clients to navigate some of the most interesting and challenging public affairs and market access challenges within the life sciences sector. Our ethos is to work closely with our clients to become an extension of their team.
We support our consultants to grow alongside our business, and we build extensive training programmes and development opportunities for all team members to learn and progress within the consultancy. For example, we give each member of the team flexibility to follow their own interests and we give opportunities for our colleagues to become leaders on their accounts and in supporting the business.
The Senior Account Manager (SAM) role is designed for a professional with demonstrable experience of working in public affairs and with an interest in healthcare. The SAM has experience working within the public affairs or policy landscape and has demonstrable capability maintaining, coordinating, and delivering client programmes, as well as feeding into the development of strategies and work programmes. This is a high-profile position, driving the successful delivery of a range of our clients’ public affairs programmes.
Key Functions and Responsibilities
Client & Account Management
- Develop a deep understanding of clients and their operating environments and be able to use this knowledge to help solve client problems.
- Develop strategies and activities for clients alongside senior directors, and oversee their execution, quality controlling all aspects of the clients’ programmes and relationship with the agency.
- Drive the successful delivery of engagement programs across Westminster, Whitehall, and government, ensuring that client’s strategic priorities are articulated to key decision makers.
- Ensure delivery of client programmes. SAM is responsible for ensuring progress is made against account work plans.
- Responsible for day-to-day management of a range of clients’ accounts, taking responsibility for driving planning, delivery, and results.
- Responsible for engaging and building relationships with clients at the highest levelsbased on trust and results delivery.
- Understand how to engage with target stakeholders, including government, parliamentarians, civil servants, and the media.
Research and Writing
- Conduct highly accurate research and interpret how this will impact on clients.
- Write high quality account materials, including research papers, parliamentary briefings, reports, newsletters, campaign material and press releases.
- Proof, amend and improve materials produced by junior staff, and have final approval prior to sending to clients.
- Support the senior team to protect and grow the revenue streams for existing accounts.
- Identify and develop new business opportunities, including drafting strategies and playing a role in tenders and pitches.
- Communicate the importance of new business to junior staff, supporting them to develop their new business acumen.
Networking and Relationship Building
- Undertake networking across the political and policy spheres, and within the healthtech and medtech sectors.
- Forge strong links with those across the business, regulatory and market access spectrum.
- Attend industry events representing PLMR Healthcomms and PLMR more broadly where appropriate.
- Communicate relevant intelligence gathered to clients where appropriate.
- Be a positive member of the PLMR Healthcomms team and within the wider PLMR Group.
- A professional background in public affairs or policy.
- Health policy experience would be beneficial.
- Significant account/project management experience.
- Experience of developing and maintaining expertise in specific client sectors and related policy fields.
- Support the delivery of a highly responsive, personalised and professional service to our clients.
- Demonstrable experience of influencing senior stakeholders.
- An outstanding communicator with very advanced writing skills.
- Experience or interest in identifying and developing new business leads.
- Bring or develop an impressive network of contact across the sector, both in government and industry.
- The role is suited to someone who is comfortable working independently, bringing fresh ideas to our business and who wishes to grow their leadership skills.
At PLMR we are committed to reflecting and representing the diversity of the UK and to equal opportunities in employment. The policies and practices of the agency aim to promote an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the diversity and inclusion of all people. At the heart of our policy, we seek to treat people fairly and with dignity and respect. We therefore encourage and welcome applications from people with a diverse variety of backgrounds; age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief.
If you require any reasonable adjustments during the application process, please let us know.