PLMR is looking for a talented and ambitious Senior Account Manager or Account Director to join our award-winning and fast-growing Energy and Sustainability Practice.
PLMR is one of the leading PR and Public Affairs agencies working in the energy and sustainability space. We deliver communications with impact for clients ranging from publicly listed household names through to innovative start-ups driving the transformation to a greener economy. Our purpose is to make a positive and sustainable impact for our clients, our people, and our environment.
By joining our team, you will have the opportunity to lead client accounts spanning energy, transport, food, conservation and more – contributing to award winning work that has seen two of our members named on the prestigious PR Week 30 under 30 list and the company named EMEA Public Affairs Agency of the Year at the Provoke Media Awards in 2022.
We are looking for applicants who can demonstrate enthusiasm and knowledge of energy and sustainability issues, as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills. Experience of these sectors, and of food, would be an advantage, but we are open to applicants seeking to move into this space if they can demonstrate a high level of aptitude.
As a Senior Account Manager/Account Director, you will be a central member of the PLMR team, providing high quality servicing to all our clients. You will be well organised, highly motivated, and able to work under your own initiative, meeting and driving forward on deadlines and projects.
You will have sound PR judgement and a flair for public affairs. You will have excellent leadership skills and a talent for bringing the best out of your colleagues. You will have a collegiate approach to decision making and will offer ideas which allow for the continual positive development of the company. You will enjoy what you do and be ambitious for yourself and for PLMR. Ideally, you will come to the role with a wide contact base, and enjoy leveraging this through networking.
In becoming a member of our team, you will join a business with a vibrant company culture and strong social values. Since day one we have donated 5% of our net profits to charitable causes and our priority has always been to provide the best possible learning and development opportunities, pastoral care, peer support, and reward structure needed for our people to flourish. And we make sure we have a lot of fun along the way.
Please note that a cover letter is essential when applying for this role.
Key career progression points:
- At least three (SAM) to four (AD) years’ experience in communications. Energy, sustainability and food sector experience will be advantageous, but is not a requirement.
- Previous agency experience is advantageous.
- Excellent written, presentation, verbal, and influencing communications skills.
- A thorough understanding the political and media landscape in relation to energy, sustainability or food.
- You demonstrate creative and strategic abilities, as well as the very highest standards of client delivery, you are used to dealing with senior or board level clients.
- You have regularly written and pitched for new business, and you can bring in and win new business accounts.
- You are a leader. You allocate work responsibilities appropriately, follow up on progress, anticipate issues and have a back-up plan. You take a professional responsibility for both your clients and your team.
- You have the skills to help support and develop your team so that each individual can reach their full potential.
- You understand the company business, its competitors, and internal relationships and play a key role in the growth of the business.
- You have demonstrable client successes on your CV, and your work has been run profitably.
- Experience with line management is desirable.
- Lead and run a portfolio of client accounts.
- Coming up with ideas that meet and then beat client expectations.
- Steering the account team to maintain excellent client relationships – ensuring that the client feels well serviced, able to call for advice at any time, and maximizing the opportunities for account development.
- Ensuring work is completed on time to the appropriate standards and anticipating client demands and that PLMR is always ‘adding value’ to our clients.
- Provide clients with detailed and quality advice according to their needs.
- Understand how to plan, implement and manage a campaign.
- Plan, manage and lead crisis communications support (desirable but not essential).
- Delegating tasks to junior colleagues where appropriate and motivating them to deliver on these.
- Creating final press releases.
- Fostering relations with national and sectoral media, politicians, civil servants, local authorities, regulatory bodies, and any relevant interest groups.
- Developing and maintaining an expertise in client sectors and related policy fields.
- Actively identifying and approaching new business prospects across all of PLMR’s specialisms and helping to achieve new business targets and goals in line with the company growth plans.
- Develop, structure and write creative new business proposals.
- Taking a major role in credential meetings and pitches, and supporting team members to pitch successfully as required.
- Ensuring that pitches are consistently excellent: well researched, well prepared, well-practised, with error-free written documents.
- Building sectoral expertise.
- Increasing your personal profile in key trade media as a communications expert.
- Maintaining a strong interest in current affairs.
- Maintaining communications and public affairs skills.
- Meeting personal development objectives set by line manager.
- Identifying training requirements and booking and attending relevant training courses.
- Developing personal expertise in the creative planning of digital communications campaigns.
Activities may be subject to amendment over time as the role develops and/or priorities and requirements evolve.
At PLMR we are committed to reflecting and representing the diversity of the UK and to equal opportunities in employment. The policies and practices of the agency aim to promote an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the diversity and inclusion of all people. At the heart of our policy, we seek to treat people fairly and with dignity and respect. We therefore encourage and welcome applications from people with a diverse variety of backgrounds; age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief.
If you require any reasonable adjustments during the application process, please let us know.