PR Account Manager
Advent Communications PR has a vacancy for a communications specialist to support the expansion of the agency.
We’ve enjoyed a strong 2019 and have won contracts with high-profile organisations based across the Midlands and UK.
The successful candidate will join an award-winning agency which provides news driven PR and exposure for a range of top clients and a highly-reputable firm is marking 21 years in business.
If you have a minimum of three years of experience in the media and communications industry, with a background/training in journalism or writing, and fancy the chance of working with some exciting and varied clients then please forward your CV to Julie Bristow at Julie@advent-communications.co.uk
- To work alongside the management team and Account Managers to devise and support the delivery of PR strategies to target local, regional, national and trade media target audiences
- Managing a diverse range of PR accounts and liaising directly with clients
- Liaising with key stakeholders, including partners, managing directors, chief executives and government representatives
- Representing the company and clients at various events, including launches, press conferences, exhibitions, awards and seminars
- Client handling and relationship building
- The preparation and writing of press releases
- Liaising with regional and national journalists daily, handling media requests and enquiries to tight deadlines
- Working on social media accounts across various platforms
- Maintaining and building relationships with media on a local, regional, national and trade level
- Administration reporting work
- A minimum of three years of experience in the media industry, with a background/training in journalism or writing
Skills and abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- The ability to work to tight deadlines
- The ability to work flexibly with a range of organisations and demonstrate creativity
- A flair for coming up with new ideas to help us make our clients’ businesses, everybody’s business
- The ability to work effectively in a close knit team, and also independently
- Good IT skills and strong use of Microsoft Word and social media platforms