Advent Communications – the PR company that helped to land Coventry the UK City of Culture title – is on the hunt for an Account Manager as the business expands.
Advent, which is set to celebrate its 21st anniversary in 2019, works on behalf of a range of clients including everything from the Ricoh Arena to the Coventry and Warwickshire Chamber of Commerce locally through to national and international companies and organisations.
More information and the job description are below – so if you fancy joining our winning team and have the right experience, get in touch!
PR Account Manager
Advent Communications PR has a vacancy for a communications specialist to support the expansion of the agency.
We’ve enjoyed a strong 2018 and have won a string of new contracts with high-profile organisations based across the Midlands and UK.
The successful candidate will join an award-winning agency which provides news driven PR and exposure for a range of top clients and a highly-reputable firm is marking 20 years in business.
If you have a minimum of three years of experience in the media and communications industry, with a background/training in journalism or writing, and fancy the chance of working with some exciting and varied clients then please forward your CV to Julie Bristow at Julie@advent-communications.co.uk
- To work alongside Account Managers and Account Executives to devise and support the delivery of PR strategies to target local, regional, national and trade media target audiences
- Managing a diverse range of PR accounts
- Liaising with key stakeholders, including partners, managing directors, chief executives and government ministers
- Representing the company and clients at various events, including launches, press conferences, exhibitions, awards and seminars
- Writing news stories and features
- The preparation and writing of press releases
- Liaising with regional and national journalists daily, handling media requests and enquiries to tight deadlines
- Maintaining and building relationships with media on a local, regional, national and trade level
- Administration reporting work
- Client handling and relationship building
- A minimum of three years of experience in the media industry, with a background/training in journalism or writing
Skills and abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- The ability to work to tight deadlines
- The ability to work flexibly with a range of organisations and demonstrate creativity
- A flair for coming up with new ideas to help us make our clients’ businesses, everybody’s business
- The ability to work effectively in a close knit team, and also independently
- Good IT skills and strong use of Microsoft Word and social media platforms