PR Account Manager
Advent Communications PR has a vacancy for a communications specialist to support the expansion of the agency.
We’ve enjoyed a strong 2017 and have won a string of new contracts with high-profile organisations based across the Midlands and UK.
The successful candidate will join an award-winning agency which provides news driven PR and exposure for a range of top clients and a highly-reputable firm which will mark 20 years in business in 2018.
If you have a minimum of four years of experience in the media and communications industry, with a background/training in journalism or writing, and fancy the chance of working with some exciting and varied clients then please forward your CV to Julie Bristow at Julie@advent-communications.co.uk by Friday, November 10.
- To work alongside Account Managers and Account Executives to devise and support the delivery of PR strategies to target local, regional, national and trade media target audiences
- Managing a diverse range of PR accounts
- Liaising with key stakeholders, including partners, managing directors, chief executives and government ministers
- Representing the company and clients at various events, including launches, press conferences, exhibitions, awards and seminars
- Supporting new business development for the firm
- Writing news stories and features
- The preparation and writing of press releases
- Liaising with regional and national journalists daily, handling media requests and enquiries to tight deadlines
- Maintaining and building relationships with media on a local, regional, national and trade level
- Website management
- Administration reporting work
- Producing evaluations which demonstrate how effective communications strategies have been
- A minimum of four years of experience in the media industry, with a background/training in journalism or writing
Skills and abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- The ability to work to tight deadlines
- The ability to work flexibly with a range of organisations and demonstrate creativity
- A flair for coming up with new ideas to help us make our clients’ businesses, everybody’s business
- The ability to work effectively in a close knit team, and also independently
- Good IT skills and strong use of Microsoft Word and social media platforms
Advent Communications is a well-established public relations consultancy based in Coventry, West Midlands. The company has built a reputation as a practical provider of news driven PR to a range of industry sectors, including construction, entertainment, business management, hospitality, law, travel, commercial and residential property and the public sector. Advent’s public relations team is staffed by experienced and qualified journalists who have a national network of contacts across all media streams, particularly in the West Midlands. The PR team produces specialised news for newspapers, magazines, radio, television and the internet. The company also has a design and print arm producing everything from newsletters to corporate brochures.