PLMR is a successful, fast-growing communications agency with a roster of high-profile internal and market-leading clients. We work across many specialist areas, including health & social care, sustainability, and education, and we have a dynamic, vibrant, and supportive team.
We are looking for a Written Content Creator / Writer to expand our dedicated Health and Social Care Practice. The successful candidate will be a core member of a team that is passionate about the impact health and care organisations have on our local communities, and that works with numerous clients to improve society’s understanding of the evolving health and social care sector and the skills and dedicate of those working within it.
This is a new role at PLMR and we intend to work with the successful candidate to shape the role profile in a way that works for both parties. We primarily envisage this role being responsible for creating the content (press releases, opinion articles, blogs) that our account teams then place in the media. This may not be a client-facing role but the candidate would have input into how we create work programmes for clients and prospective clients, and would play a key role in helping execute those programmes.
- Create engaging and creative content for publication in a broad range of local, national, and trade media publications.
- Create press releases, opinion articles, blog content, web content, newsletters, and other marketing materials for a broad range of health and social care organisations, and for PLMR itself.
- Understand the wider health and social care sector that our clients operate in, including any potential opportunities and sensitivities.
- Show creative and strategic thinking in the content you create.
- Work collaboratively in a way that supports and develops the broader health and social care team.
- Review copy, checking for context, spelling, syntax and tone.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Aptitude for telling stories through written content in a variety of formats.
- Excellent eye for grammatical detail.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once with fast turnarounds.
- An excellent understanding of the UK media.
- Highly motivated and able to work under your own initiative.
- An understanding of the UK health and social care sector, or a desire to learn about it once appointed.
We are currently working in a hybrid way, splitting the week between working from one of our six offices and working from home – however, we’re happy to be flexible and welcome applications from candidates looking for an entirely remote working opportunity.