About PLMR Healthcomms
PLMR Healthcomms is the award-winning Health and Social Care Public Affairs team at PLMR, based in the heart of Westminster. We are part of the PLMR Group, a 100-strong team of consultants based in the heart of Westminster. We specialise in delivering impactful Parliamentary and patient-led campaigns on the key issues facing the NHS and social care.
Since we were founded in 2010, we have worked in partnership with our clients to navigate some of the most interesting and challenging public affairs and market access challenges within the life sciences sector. Our ethos is to work closely with our clients to become an extension of their team.
We support our consultants to grow alongside our business, and we build extensive training programmes and development opportunities for all team members to learn and progress within the consultancy.
The role would suit someone with:
- A desire to work in one of the most rewarding policy areas: health and social care.
- A willingness to undertake extensive training (both internal and external) in order to become a well-rounded consultant.
- A keen interest in networking and confidence to communicate with members of parliament, Government Ministers and key leaders in life sciences and social care.
- An eagerness to be part of a thriving and growing Westminster-based agency, where focus on culture plays a big part in our ethos.
- We give each member of the team flexibility to follow their own interests.
- Depending on experience, the team will consider someone for the role of Junior Account Executive or Account Executive.
Key Tasks will include:
Client & Account Support
- Support the account managers and directors to effectively engage with key voices across Westminster, Whitehall, and the NHS through political campaigns, the media, events and written inquiries.
- Develop a good understanding of the structure of the NHS and the impact that politics has on patient care.
- Meet with clients, politicians and wider stakeholders on a day-to-day basis.
- Develop a keen insight in the political environment and the key players at the heart of Health and Social Care policy development and delivery.
- Diligence in completing comprehensive support activities crucial to the success of a particular campaign.
- Support the organisation and delivery of events in the Parliamentary Estate.
- Manage social media channels and dedicated campaign websites.
Monitoring and Research
- Compile concise and accurate analyses of breaking news and its impact on the NHS.
- Provide research and support in the development of new project proposals and client pitches.
- Gather data, building an evidence base and interviewing witnesses and case study participants as part of a wide range of parliamentary reports and enquiries.
- Liaise with news outlets and design specialists to maximise the impact of our publications.
At PLMR we are committed to reflecting and representing the diversity of the UK and to equal opportunities in employment. The policies and practices of the agency aim to promote an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the diversity and inclusion of all people. At the heart of our policy, we seek to treat people fairly and with dignity and respect. We therefore encourage and welcome applications from people with a diverse variety of backgrounds; age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief.
If you require any reasonable adjustments during the application process, please let us know.