Job Details: 3-month fixed term contract
Snapdragon at PLMR is a specialist planning, property, and built environment division within PLMR, working with housebuilders, commercial developers, and investors providing services to a range of clients across London, and the South East of England. So, an interest in property, planning, and regional economic growth is advantageous.
PLMR is a successful, fast-growing communications agency with a dynamic, vibrant team that works with high-profile clients and sectors to deliver public affairs, public relations, and digital solutions for its clients. The business operates across the UK, with offices in Birmingham, London, East of England, and Scotland. Travel within the UK, from time to time, is an important part of the role. You may also be required to work evenings and weekends on occasion.
Snapdragon at PLMR offers internships to individuals who are seeking to gain relevant professional experience before embarking on a career. As an Intern you will assist the team in providing high quality research and support to all our clients. You will have a keen interest in communications, and how messages are best shaped and communicated in the UK political and planning landscape, particularly on a local level with communities and key local political figures. In this role you will gain experience of – and exposure to – all the main disciplines of consultancy life.
You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, be well motivated and able to work under pressure using your own initiative. You will be able to conceptualise, analyse, and write persuasive arguments. You will have a can-do attitude and a passion for achieving results.
Skills / attributes required
You will need to be able to demonstrate the following:
- an understanding of, or interest in, policy and governance around planning, regeneration, and development
- ability to write persuasively and convey client messages accurately for different media and audiences
- a strong knowledge of current events, political systems, and the national and sectoral media
- proven written and verbal communication skills with the ability to conceptualise, analyse, and write persuasive arguments
- proven editing and proofreading ability: to draft and edit documentation to produce accurate and error free final copy after minimum iterations
- highly motivated, well organised, and able to work under your own initiative
- a fast learner able to work at speed and manage multiple work streams
- a can-do attitude and a passion for achieving results
- flexibility – capable of juggling more than one task/client at the time and prioritising workload accordingly
- A confident personality with the ability to contribute new ideas to a team environment
- A strong work ethic
You will engage in a variety of tasks to support the Snapdragon at PLMR team which may include some or all of the following:
- preparing client-ready, accurate communications
- accurately presenting and adapting client messaging for different audiences
- drafting letters and briefing materials for stakeholders
- drafting press releases for clients
- compiling stakeholder lists for projects
- involvement in Snapdragon at PLMR’s new business activities
- monitoring political events of relevance for our clients
- contributing to meeting preparation in support of either senior colleagues or Snapdragon at PLMR clients
- working as part of an account team to develop client proposals and implement them – ensuring we are always ‘adding value’ to our clients
- media, political and trade monitoring, including, where necessary, the production of client-ready monitoring updates
- event management, such as public exhibitions
- attending local planning committees on occasion and producing reports for the team
- strong research skills to support client work and new business
- developing and maintaining an expertise in client sectors and related policy fields
- responding to requests for information from clients which may be at short notice
- preparing social media content to promote our work and our clients’ projects
- writing and placing articles on behalf of Snapdragon at PLMR in key media for the company’s profile and positioning
- providing regular copy for the PLMR website – blogging, case studies, features, comment
- accurately collating, analysing and evaluating media coverage
- accurately collating, analysing and evaluating consultation feedback
- proof-read all written material
- providing colleagues with general administrative support as required
- developing a positive professional relationship with PLMR colleagues, and contributing to a thriving day to day working environment
- meeting internal deadlines – being organised and punctual
Please note the role may vary slightly depending on which team/client accounts you will be working on and the needs of the business.
At PLMR we are committed to reflecting and representing the diversity of the UK and to equal opportunities in employment. The policies and practices of the agency aim to promote an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the diversity and inclusion of all people. At the heart of our policy, we seek to treat people fairly and with dignity and respect. We therefore encourage and welcome applications from people with a diverse variety of backgrounds; age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief.
If you require any reasonable adjustments during the application process, please let us know.
For more information, please email email@example.com.