Are you looking to develop your consulting skills within a multi-award winning, UK Top 100 and World 250 communication firm? Then look no further!
PLMR is a market-leading and fast-growing communications agency with a dynamic, vibrant team. We work across a range of core sectors, including health & social care, tech, housing, energy and transport to deliver public affairs, public relations and digital programmes that meet the needs of our clients.
We’re on the hunt for a strong and confident Account Manager. Someone who is client focused, results orientated, highly organised, dynamic and passionate. We are looking for a candidate with a minimum of three years consultancy experience and a track record of delivering effective work for clients.
In this role, you will be expected to hit the ground running, working within a small but dynamic team where you will have responsibility to look after your dedicated client base. To excel in this role, you will need to demonstrate a high attention to detail, proven and effective time management skills, a pro-active mind and interest in generating and contributing ideas. A deep understanding, passion and interest in the British media and UK political system as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential. Experience of the sectors PLMR operates in is beneficial.
- Driving and implementing programmes of work for clients that executive our strategies
- Developing news angles, stories and pitches to raise awareness of the client’s profile, products and services
- Establishing, building and nurturing strong relationships with clients, key stakeholders and media contacts (including journalists and industry spokespeople)
- Providing leadership on accounts – steering the account team to maintain excellent and trusted client relationships, ensuring that the client feels well serviced, able to call for advice at any time, and maximising the opportunities for account development
- Working with the Account Director to ensure that client accounts are run efficiently and to budget
- Scoping, design and delivery of traditional public affairs, public relations and social media projects to meet key milestones
- Closely monitoring political developments in relevant sectors and consider how this impacts your clients
- Researching, writing and distributing press releases to targeted media, and writing newsletters, briefings and campaign material
- Supporting clients with your reputation management skills
- Delegating tasks to junior colleagues where appropriate and motivating them to deliver on these
- Being involved in pitching for new business and developing various proposals
- Actively identifying new business opportunities and following up on them on a timely basis, thereby assisting in the growth of the PLMR business
- Networking with potential new business leads
- Developing existing client accounts to increase retainers
- Relationship building and networking with colleagues, clients and the media
- Providing regular copy for the PLMR website – blogging, case studies, features, comment
- Managing and mentoring junior members of staff
Activities may be subject to amendment over time as the role develops and/or priorities and requirements evolve.
At PLMR we are committed to reflecting and representing the diversity of the UK and to equal opportunities in employment. The policies and practices of the agency aim to promote an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the diversity of all people. At the heart of our policy, we seek to treat people fairly and with dignity and respect.
To apply, please email your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We review all applications and shortlist candidates to invite for interview on a daily basis.