About Healthcomms Consulting
Healthcomms Consulting (HCC) is an expert healthcare communications agency with over ten years’ experience delivering impactful communications for our clients. Our ethos is to work closely with our clients to become an extension of their team. We bring our knowledge, experience, and unique insights to everything we do. We offer a comprehensive range of value communications and aim to deliver a positive impact in all our work.
The Account Manager (AM) role is designed for a professional with demonstrable experience of working in public affairs and with an interest in healthcare. The AM is responsible for maintaining, coordinating, and delivering client programmes, as well as feeding into the development of strategies and work programmes. The AM will be responsible for managing project teams as well as having line management responsibilities for junior members of staff. Strong interpersonal and organisational skills are a must.
Key Functions and Responsibilities
Client & Account Management
- Carry out and coordinate the delivery of strategies and activities as detailed by directors, ensuring that activity and objectives are being met and that accounts are well organised.
- Lead engagement programmes across Westminster, Whitehall, and government, ensuring that client’s strategic priorities are articulated to key decision makers.
- Develop a deep understanding of clients and their operating environments and be able to use this knowledge to help solve client problems.
- Alongside senior directors develop strategies and activities for clients and oversee their delivery; quality controlling all aspects of the clients’ programmes.
- Act as the key point of contact for your clients.
- Effectively manage the account team for each account.
- Engage with the media on some campaigns and support the delivery of PR campaigns.
Research and Writing
- Conduct highly accurate research around identified client priority areas.
- Develop and sign off high quality materials for clients.
- Produce concise and effective reports, newsletters, campaign material and press releases.
- Identify and support growth opportunities in existing accounts.
- Identify and develop new business opportunities.
- Play a key role in the development of new business proposals and pitches.
Networking and Relationship Building
- Forge strong links with those across clients, potential clients, and key stakeholders.
- Attend industry and networking events.
- Be an enthusiastic and proactive member of the HCC team.
- Always deliver a professional but personable service, in line with the values of HCC.
- Good management and people skills.
At PLMR we are committed to reflecting and representing the diversity of the UK and to equal opportunities in employment. The policies and practices of the agency aim to promote an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the diversity and inclusion of all people. At the heart of our policy, we seek to treat people fairly and with dignity and respect. We therefore encourage and welcome applications from people with a diverse variety of backgrounds; age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief.
If you require any reasonable adjustments during the application process, please let us know.