Snapdragon at PLMR is a leading political strategy and communications consultancy working in the built environment. We support a broad range of clients including the top 10 housebuilders, Local Authorities, premier sports clubs, and household names achieve planning success and positive stakeholder relationships at local, regional, and national levels across our offices in London, the East of England, and the Midlands.
As an Account Manager you will be a central member of the Snapdragon at PLMR team, providing high quality servicing to all our clients. Ideally, we are looking for applicants who can demonstrate knowledge and enthusiasm about planning and politics in the UK as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills. You will be well organised, highly motivated, and able to work under your own initiative, meeting and driving forward on deadlines and projects.
In this role you will use your consultancy skills to maintain positive client relationships, actively develop new business ideas and initiatives and run profitable accounts. You will manage both junior and senior colleagues to ensure Snapdragon meets and beats client expectations at every level.
- Day-to-day proactive management and leadership of client accounts;
- Developing and implementing strategic communication and consultation programmes for clients;
- Drafting engaging project specific materials, tailored to different audiences; political, press, community etc;
- Utilising social media and digital platforms for best practice consultation and confident handling of these;
- Managing events of all scales, including large-scale public consultation, or digital workshops, ensuring that logistics are organised with no issues;
- Developing and maintaining expertise in the built environment sector and related policy fields;
- Actively identifying new business opportunities, developing networks and assisting in the growth of the business;
- Providing support to the Account Director and other members of the team, ensuring profitability of accounts and excellent work standard.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- At least two years’ experience in communications within the built environment sector;
- Excellent written, presentation, verbal, and influencing communications skills
- Demonstrable experience of delivering successful consultations and communications campaigns;
- An impressive understanding of Local Authorities and the local political landscape, particularly in relation to planning and development;
- Confidence working with a wide range of stakeholders in a variety of settings
- Experience of events management;
- Experience developing and leading teams
- Ability to work on multiple projects with challenging deadlines;
- Familiarity with social media and digital channels;
- An ability to bring gravitas, instil confidence and demonstrate an abundance of energy and passion;
- A can-do attitude and a positive, supportive, and engaging approach to work.
PLMR is committed to reflecting and representing the diversity of the UK and to equal opportunities in employment. The policies and practices of the agency aim to promote an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the diversity and inclusion of all people. At the heart of our policy, we seek to treat people fairly and with dignity and respect. We therefore encourage and welcome applications from people with a diverse variety of backgrounds; age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief.
If you require any reasonable adjustments during the application process, please let us know.
For more information, please email email@example.com