If you’re looking to develop your media skills, liaise with journalists and put your writing skills to the test, then this could be the role for you.
Mango is the education division within PLMR; an award-winning communications agency with a dynamic, vibrant team that works across several high-profile clients to deliver public relations, public affairs, and digital solutions for its clients.
We’re on the hunt for a driven and enthusiastic Account Manager, with a minimum of two years’ experience in PR, media relations, writing and social media management. In this role, you will hit the ground running in a very hands-on position, working within an energetic team where you will look after clients in the education sector. Our goal with most clients is to achieve positive publicity to target their appropriate audience through PR and communications activity.
The ideal candidate will be client focused, results orientated, highly organised, calm under pressure, dynamic and passionate. Experience within a PR agency or in-house communications role is essential, and the candidate should have a strong understanding of managing clients and the media, know how to generate and contribute ideas, craft engaging and well-articulated editorial copy and deliver results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Leading on client accounts, driving and implementing programmes of work that execute our strategies
- Developing news angles, stories and pitches to raise awareness of the client’s profile, products and services
- Building relationships with national, trade and regional media, online education influencers and organisations
- Daily media monitoring of the education news to help generate newsworthy content for clients that will appeal to print, online and broadcast media
- Writing strong editorial content including press releases, articles, blogs and award entries
- Managing and mentoring junior members of staff
- Scoping, design and delivery of traditional public affairs, public relations and social media projects to meet key milestones
- Interviewing clients, end-users and schools and creating editorial and marketing case studies
- Developing and maintaining expertise in the education sector and related policy fields
- Supporting on new business and the growth of Mango at PLMR, including being involved in pitching and developing various proposals
- Assisting the senior team with delivering strategic advice and communications plans for clients
- Establishing, building and nurturing strong relationships with clients, key stakeholders and media contacts (including journalists and industry spokespeople)
- Supporting clients with reputation management advice and guidance, crafting media statements and stakeholder communications
- Supporting clients and PLMR’s internal digital team with social media and digital marketing campaigns
- Closely monitoring political developments in relevant sectors and considering how this impacts your clients.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Experience in an agency or in-house, or communications within the education sector
- Excellent written, presentation and verbal communications skills
- An understanding and interest in the British media and political system
- Ability to work on multiple projects with challenging deadlines
- A can-do attitude and a positive, supportive, and engaging approach to work.
PLMR is committed to reflecting and representing the diversity of the UK and to equal opportunities in employment. The policies and practices of the agency aim to promote an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the diversity and inclusion of all people. At the heart of our policy, we seek to treat people fairly and with dignity and respect. We therefore encourage and welcome applications from people with a diverse variety of backgrounds; age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief.
If you require any reasonable adjustments during the application process, please let us know.
For more information, please email email@example.com