PLMR is pleased to offer market-leading opportunities for consultants, within a multi-award winning, UK Top 100 and World 250 communications consultancy. If you are a news junkie with proven interest in and knowledge of UK politics, understand the power of digital comms and campaigning, and want to make your mark on the political and media landscape, we encourage you to apply.
PLMR is a leading, fast-growing communications agency right in the heart of Westminster. We pride ourselves on our dynamic, vibrant team, who deliver outstanding results for clients every day. We work across a range of core sectors, including education, health and social care, energy and sustainability, tech, housing, and transport to deliver public affairs, public relations and digital programmes that play a central role in helping our clients achieve their diverse objectives.
As an Account Executive you will be a key member of the PLMR team providing high quality servicing to all our clients. You will have entry-level experience working in a similar agency environment, in parliament or an in-house comms role. To be successful in this role, it is critical that you have an understanding, passion and interest in the British media and UK political system as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills. You will be well organised, highly motivated and able to work under your own initiative, meeting and driving forward on deadlines and projects. Experience or interest in any of energy, sustainability, health or social care is an advantage but my no means a requirement.
In this role you will progress your consultancy skills; attending to the day-to-day management of client accounts and maintaining a positive client relationship, spotting policy trends and identifying issues which might impact on client activity, beginning to develop new business ideas and initiatives alongside the senior management team.
- Liaising with clients in a confident manner and building good working relationships
- Monitoring the media, including newspapers, magazines, journals, broadcasts, newswires, social media channels and blogs, for timely opportunities for clients
- Collating, analysing and evaluating media coverage
- Preparing regular client reports and attending client meetings
- Drafting newsletters, briefings, campaign material, social media posts, blogs and press releases
- Researching, writing and distributing press releases and social media posts to targeted media
- Aiding in the response to reputational challenges facing clients
- Working as part of an account team to develop client proposals and implement the PR activity – ensuring we are always ‘adding value’ to our clients
- Selling-in press releases and calling journalists to secure media opportunities for clients
- Assisting with event management, including press conferences, digital promotion and physical promotional events
- Responding to requests for information from clients which may be at short notice
- Researching, forecasting and evaluating the effects of public policy on an organisation, using public sources, political intelligence and personal contacts – developing an expertise in client sectors and related policy fields
- Establishing and maintaining two-way communication with relevant official bodies: with politicians, civil servants, and/or staff in local authorities and regulatory bodies to brief them on clients’ work and concerns
- Using social media and digital channels to manage client accounts and enhance the reputation of PLMR
- Providing regular copy for the PLMR website with blogs and case studies
Please note the role may vary slightly depending on which team/client accounts you will be working on and the needs of the business.
PLMR is committed to reflecting and representing the diversity of the UK and to equal opportunities in employment. The policies and practices of the agency aim to promote an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the diversity and inclusion of all people. At the heart of our policy, we seek to treat people fairly and with dignity and respect. We therefore encourage and welcome applications from people with a diverse variety of backgrounds; age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief.
If you require any reasonable adjustments during the application process, please let us know.
For more information, please email email@example.com