PLMR is a successful, fast-growing communications agency based right in the heart of Westminster. Our dynamic and vibrant team deliver high quality public relations, public affairs, stakeholder engagement, reputation management and digital solutions for an excellent roster of clients. We work across a range of sectors including education, health and social care, energy and environment, tech, built environment and transport, amongst others.
We are seeking an experienced, proactive, and highly motivated Account Executive to join ‘Mango at PLMR’ – our market-leading education practice. You will be a key member of the team servicing a range of clients in the education sector (schools, multi-academy trusts, leading universities, trade associations and unions, training and qualification providers, early years groups, ed-tech companies, charities) and beyond.
You will ideally have entry-level experience working in a similar agency environment, in parliament, in an in-house comms role or within education. To be successful in this role, it is critical that you have a deep understanding and interest in the British media and UK political system, as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills. You will be well organised, proactive and able to work under your own initiative, meeting and driving forward on deadlines and projects.
In this role you will progress your consultancy skills, supporting the day-to-day management of client accounts and maintaining positive relationships (both internally and externally), delivering high-quality communications across a range of disciplines, spotting media and policy trends and identifying issues which might impact on client activity, beginning to develop new business ideas and initiatives alongside the senior management team.
- Day-to-day assistance on client accounts, providing support for the team and client to an excellent work standard, with care and attention to detail
- Drafting well-written, engaging press releases, editorials, briefings, letters, newsletters, campaign materials, social media posts and blogs
- Liaising with clients in a confident manner and building good working relationships
- Monitoring the media, including newspapers (national and regional), magazines, journals, broadcasts, newswires, social media channels and blogs, for timely opportunities for clients
- Collating, analysing and evaluating media coverage
- Preparing regular client reports and attending client meetings
- Researching, writing and distributing press releases and social media posts to targeted media
- Working as part of an account team to develop client proposals and implement the PR activity – ensuring we are always ‘adding value’ to our clients
- Selling-in press releases and calling journalists to secure media opportunities for clients
- Assisting with event management, including press conferences, digital promotion and physical promotional events
- Responding to requests for information from clients which may be at short notice
- Researching, forecasting and evaluating the effects of public policy on an organisation, using public sources, political intelligence and personal contacts – developing an expertise in client sectors and related policy fields
- Establishing and maintaining two-way communication with relevant official bodies: with politicians, civil servants, and/or staff in local authorities and regulatory bodies to brief them on clients’ work and concerns
- Using social media and digital channels to manage client accounts and enhance the reputation of PLMR
- Providing regular copy for the PLMR website with blogs and case studies
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Experience in an agency or in-house, or communications within the education sector
- Excellent written, presentation and verbal communications skills
- An understanding and interest in the British media and political system
- Ability to work on multiple projects with challenging deadlines
- A can-do attitude and a positive, supportive and engaging approach to work.
PLMR is committed to reflecting and representing the diversity of the UK and to equal opportunities in employment. The policies and practices of the agency aim to promote an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the diversity and inclusion of all people. At the heart of our policy, we seek to treat people fairly and with dignity and respect. We therefore encourage and welcome applications from people with a diverse variety of backgrounds; age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief.
If you require any reasonable adjustments during the application process, please let us know.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org