PLMR is a successful, fast-growing communications agency with a dynamic, vibrant team that works across a number of high-profile clients to deliver public affairs, public relations and digital solutions for its clients.
As an Account Executive, you will be a key member of the PLMR team providing high quality servicing to all our clients. You will have a keen interest in public affairs (PA) and in the UK political landscape, public relations (PR), and in how messages are best shaped and communicated across both old and new media. In this role you will learn and develop your PA and PR skills – carrying out research for existing clients and for new business pitching, drafting press releases, monitoring relevant media, liaising with the media on behalf of clients, attending client meetings, lobbying key decision – makers, understanding government policy, and contributing ideas to enable PLMR to meet and beat client expectations at every level. You will be fluent in the use of digital communications channels and know how to use social media and blogging effectively to further clients’ strategic communications aims.
In this role, you will be expected to hit the ground running, working within a dynamic and high-performing team, where you will have responsibility to look after your dedicated clients. We are looking for someone with very strong public affairs, PR, crisis communications and corporate communications skills and interest.
To excel in this role, you will need to demonstrate a high attention to detail, proven and effective time management skills, confidence in presenting yourself and interest in generating and contributing ideas to the business as a whole. At PLMR, we encourage consultants at every level to think about the impact the whole business can make – proactivity and forward thinking will get you far.
You will have great written and verbal communication skills, be highly motivated and able to work using your own initiative. You will also be active in the social media networking sphere and have an interest in developing your own networks within both political and media circles.
- liaise with clients at a junior level in a confident manner and build good working relationships
- researching, forecasting and evaluating the effects of public policy on an organisation, using public sources, political intelligence and personal contacts – developing an expertise in client sectors and related policy fields
- attending select committee hearings, party conferences and other events on behalf of PLMR
- establishing and maintaining two way communication with relevant official bodies: with politicians, civil servants, and/or staff in local authorities and regulatory bodies to brief them on clients’ work and concerns
- accurately monitoring the media, including newspapers, magazines, journals, broadcasts, newswires, social media channels and blogs, for timely opportunities for clients
- collating, analysing and evaluating media coverage
- preparing regular client reports and attending client meetings
- drafting newsletters, briefings, campaign material, social media posts, blogs and press releases
- researching, writing and distributing press releases and social media posts to targeted media
- working as part of an account team to develop client proposals and implement the PR activity – ensuring we are always ‘adding value’ to our clients
- providing regular timely updates on client issues to senior colleagues
- assisting with event management, including press conferences, digital promotion and physical promotional events
- attending and promoting client events to the media
- responding to requests for information from clients which may be at short notice
- using social media and digital channels to manage clients’ key messaging and enhance the reputation of PLMR and its clients
- providing regular copy for the PLMR website – blogging, case studies, features, comment
- proof read all written material
- promoting a positive, professional image of PLMR as a market leader to external audiences through networking and representing the company at events and online
- providing updates on new business leads regularly to other senior colleagues – e.g. written notes from events or seminars, follow up emails to contacts made, pointing out online networking opportunities
- relationship building and networking with colleagues, clients and the media
- assisting senior colleagues with drafting new business proposals of the highest standard to win new business
- actively participate in meetings, helping in the preparing for the meeting and in presenting elements as directed
- completing accurate daily timesheets on Synergist
- providing information for invoicing and cost recharging to the finance department in a timely manner as requested
- developing a positive professional relationship with PLMR colleagues, and contributing to a thriving day to day working environment
- meeting internal deadlines – being organised and punctual
- developing a personal professional reputation as a reliable, competent consultant
- maintaining a strong interest in current affairs
- acquiring new communications and public affairs skills and learn about parliamentary, regulatory and media environments
- developing personal expertise in digital communications channels
- meeting personal development objectives set by line manager
Skills / attributes required
- educated to degree standard or able to demonstrate appropriate work experience
- excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to conceptualise, analyse and write persuasive arguments
- highly motivated and able to work under your own initiative
- a can-do attitude and a passion for achieving results
- experience in executing messaging on social media and other digital channels to support strategic communications goals
- flexibility – capable of juggling more than one task/client at the time and prioritising workload accordingly
Activities may be subject to amendment over time as the role develops and/or priorities and requirements evolve.
PLMR is committed to reflecting and representing the diversity of the UK and to equal opportunities in employment. The policies and practices of the agency aim to promote an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the diversity and inclusion of all people. At the heart of our policy, we seek to treat people fairly and with dignity and respect. We therefore encourage and welcome applications from people with a diverse variety of backgrounds; age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief.
If you require any reasonable adjustments during the application process, please let us know.
For more information, please email email@example.com